Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Utah State Fair

On Saturday we ventured to the State Fair. We haven't come to the Utah State Fair since Logan was a baby. We didn't know that we had to take out a loan before we came! $1 for each ticket, and each ride was 3-5 tickets- times 3 boys! Luckily Colton didn't really care, and Ethan just wanted to play the games. No wonder my mom didn't let us go on many rides when we were young.




I LOVE this one of Logan (in the middle of the picture) totally enjoying himself!


Colton had fun waiving to everyone as he went by, and no he's not by himself-Ethan's in there too. Although I don't think he qualified as "a responsible rider."


One thing I thought was cute was this section were kids did some local farming. They had to feed the (fake) cow, milk her, grow seeds, harvest them, collect eggs, collect wool from the sheep and take all their items to the market. They received a (again, fake) dollar, and buy something at the store where they could buy a little (real!) food item.

Getting the years supply of grease. Pizza, sausage dogs, funnel cakes, etc. Although, I was a little disappointed on the food selection. I LOVE Idaho's fair's food. (I missed my tiger ear. sniff sniff. Those not in the know- a big, delicious, scone with cinnamon-sugar, and dripping with honey. Yuummmm....Erick- do you have any left over?)


Have you ever seen a 2 year old cross his eyes? I hope they don't stay that way!

This little piggy went to the market.

Ba-ram-ewe, to your fleece, your breed, your creed be true. (fyi-I really did like the Babe movie.) We had our fill of the fair. I would have loved to look through the commercial buildings, but the boys had all they could take, plus we needed to run to Bountiful to get Teresa's (Carl's mom)car rental to return. And I still had to work that night. Teresa had been here for part of the week taking Lauren to BYU-Idaho. I love the fair, next year I'd like to go to Idaho's-I'm still craving my tiger ear!!

3 comments:

Char said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. We havent been to the Fair in years. We should probably take our kids.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the fair so fun! People seem to either love the fair, or have no interest at all. We're fair lovers! By the way, the tiger ears this year were so good that I had 2 of them!:)

Kathy said...

k, E told me how cute these pics were, but man! they're killin me!

What a brave kid Logan is! I don't think i'd ride that thing by myself and I'm significantly older!

;oP milking the fake cow - - that is hillarious!