Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Most Embarrassing Moment

I saw a tag for most embarrassing moment, so I thought I would share mine. Maybe it's that the most painful moments are blocked from mind, or I just don't have that many, but this is one that I remember.
Let me set the stage. I grew up with family as neighbors. My grandma's 3 boys all built houses around hers. Every Sunday night we would all end up at her house and play games, talk, and eat popcorn. I loved this time in my life.
So it was a typical Sunday night one winter when I was about 9 or 10. Oh! I forgot to mention that my grandpa was a dairy farmer and has a milk barn by the house. Behind the barn is a little pit where the cow's "excretements" are drained into from the barn. Well.....my cousin Stephanie (who some of you know) and I went outside. We saw the now frozen pit. I don't know who's idea it was, but we decided to go ice skating on the "pond." But we were smart, we wanted to test the thickness of the ice to make sure it could hold us. How terrible it would be if we were to fall in! So I grabbed a thick stick and and leaned on it to see if it would break the ice. To my horror, the stick slipped out from underneath me, and I came falling down on the ice. No, the ice was not thick enough. I went right through. Half of my body was covered in cow poop! I even lost a boot that was never recovered. Completely drenched and cold and smelly, we came traipsing into the back door. The look on everyone's face is etched into my mind forever. First the pure look of confusion as what had happened. Then as I explained my story, my cousins (also clarification I am the first girl under 6 boys in the family!!) burst out in laughter as the rest of the family stiffled their laughs. My mother gingerly took me home where I showered. Gross!! Luckily no one really remembers this, but I will always remember this lesson: never ice skate on a poop pond!
Now, I challenge anyone to post their most embarrassing moment!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

hil-larious! how have i never heard this before! that is waaay funnier than the baby powder story!!!

Keri_B said...

Yuck!! I can't believe I had never heard this story either...ha ha

Adams said...

Love it! Are you ready for one of your boys to come up with an idea like that?!