After school, all smiles. His favorite part of the day. Looking for the Gingerbread man after reading the story (aka a tour around the school), then ate a gingerbread cake.
"Cleaning house while children are still growing is like shoveling the snow while it's still snowing."
Monday, August 25, 2008
Kindergarten- here we come!
Today was Ethan's first day of Kindergarten. He has been so excited to go to school everyday of the week (pre-k was wed/fri). I on the other hand have had mixed reviews. I am excited for him, but he has the attention span of a flea. I'm thinking about checking for ADHD- seriously. I was going to see how the first few weeks go, and see if he mellow out. I love him to death, but the boy cannot focus!
Okay, so I was doing good up until this point. I realized that I didn't get a chance to give him a kiss. So I got his attention and blew him a kiss and signed "I love you." Here he is signing it back. So now the tears are starting to well up in my eyes. Arrgh! I was going to hold it together. But when you love your kids so much, well, sometimes you just can't help it.
Ethan and Mrs. Detterbeck last week at the Open House. She looks like she'll be fun! Ethan has a lot of younger siblings of kids from Logan's classes, so I knew several of the parents. Should be a great year.

After school, all smiles. His favorite part of the day. Looking for the Gingerbread man after reading the story (aka a tour around the school), then ate a gingerbread cake.
Logan's first day of 2nd grade was last Monday. He was not even worried. He even had one of his best friends in his class. We didn't get to the open house to meet his teachers, in fact we didn't get home from Idaho until 10:30 Sunday night. Like usual, Daddy gave both boys a father's blessing before their first day. My dad always did this and I thought it was special to have a blessing for the school year. Now were off and swinging! Let the homework begin!
After school, all smiles. His favorite part of the day. Looking for the Gingerbread man after reading the story (aka a tour around the school), then ate a gingerbread cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ethan looks SO excited! I hope he really enjoys Kindergarten.
Nathan said he saw Logan riding his bike to school yesterday. Nate usually rides with some of the boys from the 5th ward but yesterday they left without him.
We dont officially start Kindergarten until Tuesday. Thats going to be my hard day. I'm not looking forward to it. Its funny because all summer I've been anxious for school to start. Now I'm having second thoughts...
Post a Comment