Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our Fall Family Tradition

Every fall when the leaves change color, we head to the mountains for a picnic and a walk around to see the leaves. We usually go to Mt. Nebo (south Utah Valley), but this year we went to go on the Alpine Loop (north U.V.). Well, it's always a guess when the leaves will be perfect; it's all depending on the weather and the water and stuff. When we went up, I think we found the only red tree to take a picture next to.


We decided to go up Squaw Peak which is on the other side of the canyon. Here's a view looking south into the valley with Utah Lake in the distance.



Lately, Colton is a one picture kid. If you don't get that perfect shot the first time, too bad, he's outta there!

It's so fun to have family traditions, it gives the kids something to look forward too. Fall is my absolute fav! I totally can't wait for October!! (my b-day and Halloween!!)

2 comments:

Brianna Avery said...

ok....way cute blog background! I like what you did with it. THe boys look so grown up! I can't believe it. That sounds like a super fun tradition too. I'm glad that it's cooling down into the "fall" weather. We're down to the 90's now! HA! Ridiculous I know...

Keri_B said...

Glad you got the background to work, it's so cute!! Love the pictures of your cute kids, but we want to see you and Carl too!