Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lost and Found

It all began at a trip to the post office. Now I have a love/hate relationship with them. First the hate. We have a community mailbox that we share with 12 other people. It has now been broken for 5+ weeks. We have to go to the post office to collect our mail. This is SOOO fun to do, especially with little kids. Well, yesterday morning I went to pick up my mail. I placed my wallet on the counter. That is the last place I knew I had my wallet. I proceed to go to Walmart and shop for and hour+. I have placed all my items at the checkout when I realize I don't have my wallet. LOST!! I run to the car to check-nope. I run back to tell her I'll be back. She zeros out my stuff and takes it up front. Post office-nope! I call Carl. He calls Walmart-no wallet. He starts to cancel my cards as I head back to Walmart to retrace my steps. No wallet. I'm frantic- what did I do? I head home. Later pick up Logan and go to the bank to get a new account. They said there is a lot of purse snatching in Walmart. Thoughts of Identity Theft are floating in my head. It happened to my parents, and I've seen how it is not fun! I go home to rack my brain, did I leave it on top of the car and drive off? Around 4:30 I get a knock on my door. It was the post man who was looking for me at the post office with.....my wallet!! FOUND!!Someone had placed it in a wierd spot, and since it had my old phone number, he couldn't call me. So he drove over here to give it to me personally. I bust out in tears (again). I ask him if I can give him a hug. With a wierd look, "Ahh, no," but I do shake his hand. I reopen my account and close the new one. I just have to wait "7-10 business days" to get my new debit card. Now the love part- what a great guy to spend all day looking for me and to personally come over with it. Also, on my way home, the post office was taking down our broken mail box! Yaaah! I do love the post office, well I have to, my brother-in-law, Chad works in the Rexburg office. And my stuff does get delivered. Later that night, I go back to Walmart to get my food again, and I knew where things were this time. So it would have only taken my 30 minutes, but I ran into a friend and spent the next hour+ talking. Lesson- even though it wasn't stolen, buckle your purse up when you shop. I don't want this to happen to you!

1 comment:

Gooches said...

oh i am so happy for you! i just recently had an experience like that and someone went out of their way to find me! i wanted to cry! happy to hear it is safe!