Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our "stay-cation"

A few weeks ago, the boys had fall break at school. Friday, we went up to Salt Lake for a little stay-cation. We went to Temple Square and saw the Joseph Smith movie. I was doing good, until I saw Logan in tears. Well, then I completely lost it. It was touching to see that he can feel the spirit and feel it's power.

Salt Lake temple in the fall.

Not the best picture of the boys by the Christus statue, but you gotta love Colton's sass.

We spent the night in a hotel. The plan was for the older boys to share a bed. What the hotel claimed as a "queen" was not big enough, so we made a little bed for Colton on the floor.

The next morning, we ventured to Hogle Zoo. I was excited because within the last few months, there had been many babies born. My little baby loved to sit up in his stroller and see all the animals.

Don't forget animal crackers when going to the zoo!



Little Zuri was my favorite part of the zoo. Elephant's are pregnant for 21 months. No thank you!

Ethan kickin' it back!

The baby giraffe. Ok, so this was my favorite part of the zoo. I love giraffes!



Monkey see, monkey do.

A few months ago, 3 male tigers were born. One crossed the bridge, he was a little cutie.

We had so much fun at the zoo. It was beautiful weather, even though it was October. Afterward we went to the park and had a picnic. The kids loved our little vacation. It's good to have things close by to see and do and we can be tourists in our own town.

3 comments:

Mary said...

i love the zoo, yet i don't think i was ever at the hogle zoo.

Brianna Avery said...

Your boys crack me up! That looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm sure I would have lost it too watching that movie and seeing one of my kids crying as well. So cute and such a good memory to have!

LyndiLou said...

How fun are all those baby animals!!! I haven't been to the zoo in forever... and I bet Baby Chomp would have a good time there too!!!