On Thursday of our Maryland trip, we went on a grand pirate adventure!! (Thank you Mom-mom!) The boys picked out some costumes, and got all painted up, took some lessons on how to be a pirate and off we went onto a little pirate ship into the Annapolis harbor looking for treasure.


Here we have Lookout Logan, Eastwinds Ethan, and Crabclaws Colton. You'll never find a fiercer group of pirates!
Getting into character. Our guide Rusty, was totally awesome, he really made the trip for the boys!

Jolly Jacksen wasn't so jolly when they blew the big horn. He pretty much cried the whole trip.
Every pirate ships needs to hoist the jolly roger (skull and crossbones). Ethan got to do the honors. There's a shot you can see where he almost gave up, but he stuck with it. Good job matey!

Searching the map for clues.

There was a pirate that stole our keys for the treasure box. We had to use our water cannons to knock him (her) out of the boat to get our keys.


Ethan literally jumping for joy when we found the treasure box!!

Hoisting the treasure out of the water.

Treasure!!!

Hoarding, in true pirate form.

Colton, counting his loot.

Annapolis harbor

Harassing the locals

The pirate flag.

The pirate crew. The boys loved this so much, they still talk about it all the time.
4 comments:
What an awesome adventure! That looks like a boys dream come true! What a cool mom you are. You have been busy and up to a lot. You inspire me.
That looks like so much fun. I'd love to take my kids to do that.
I'm thinking that I would love that place! I'm a pirate at heart or something... anything pirate makes me swoon! ;) We just went to Pirate Island by Costco and I was in heaven! Thanks for sharing this... I'll put it on my list of places to go!
Oh my heck, how much fun is that!!!!??? I love the pirate names!
Post a Comment