"Cleaning house while children are still growing is like shoveling the snow while it's still snowing."
Friday, September 4, 2009
Tossing your Cookies
Upchuck, barf, loosing your lunch, throwing up, whatever- I hate it!! As a mother, I deal with a lot of bodily fluids. Blood, not a problem. Poop-I can handle, but when it comes to my kids throwing up, it seriously makes me ill. WARNING! If you can not handle the fore-mentioned item, do not continue reading! Now to the story. Last night Colton said his tummy hurt. I gave him a pepto and sent him off to bed. Around 11:30, I'm still up and watching TV downstairs. I have the baby monitor on and hear Colton coughing. Later I hear him in the bathroom. He's still struggling with staying dry all night and is still in a diaper. I go to see if he needs any help. When I turn on the light, I am completely shocked to see him covered in throw up. He has it right under his eyes, in his ears, hair, and down his neck. Then the smell hits me, I seriously almost threw up too. I get a rag to wipe it out of his eyes and get him undressed to take a bath. Thinking that what was on him was the most of it, I think it won't be to hard to clean up his room. Wrong! His bed is covered. There was even a bunch on the floor. Luckily, it landed on a blanket. Bedding is easier to clean then the carpet. I sprayed the bathroom and his room with Fabreeze, trying to sweeten the air. After I spend 30 minutes cleaning Colton's remnents of dinner, I was beat. I hate throw up!! (fyi, he's feeling fine today.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I bet you felt like you needed a shower after that!
oh man me too...Alyssa just threw up the other day in her bed and once in the garage.. I knew it would be bad if I didn't clean up the mess in her bed and carpet...but I did condiser for a small moment just shutting the garage door and pretending this wasn't happening to ME!!
Post a Comment