My grandfather on my mom's side hadn't been doing well. Last year he was in and out of the hospital and had been at a care center for a while. Here he is at Jacksen's blessing last year. My mom had spent most of January down here taking care of him. He finally past away on the 24th of January.


Ethan, Uncle Mike and grandpa before the funeral the following Saturday. It was a beautiful funeral. My mom gave a great life sketch. My grandpa was the man of 9 lives. He has had so many accidents that should have taken his life. It was good to hear all the stories of my grandpa that I didn't know. My cousin sang the most beautiful song.

The grandsons, either by birth or marriage, as pallbearers.


I caught this moment between my dad and brother after my dad gave the grave site prayer. It still makes me cry every time I see it.

After I quit crying, I start again with this one of Logan and Grandpa.

Later that day we all went around the farm remembering all the good times we had there. I love this picture as it makes me think of my grandfather-a very strong, hardworker who could fix anything.

Me and my siblings, Mike, Erick, me, and Nicole.

The house. Oh the memories.

Now, my grandfather NEVER threw anything away. What was an old car, was our forts. This was one of our favorites.

Up in the rafters is another one. Although it was a little scary. One time we were playing and my cousin was listening to Michael Jackson's "Thriller." The wind started to shake the building, I freaked and came down so fast, never to return up there again.

One of the many tractors around the farm.


The old swing by the house. It was very sad to go around, knowing things would never be the same again. I didn't really get to know my grandpa, we only saw him occasionally, he was always working on the farm, and when he came in, it was only minutes before he fell asleep in his chair. I know that he is with my grandmother and is very happy. It will only be a short while until I see him again. I love you grandpa!
2 comments:
I'm sorry you lost your Grandpa, Kristi.
Sorry for your lose. I'm glad that we know he's safe and sound on the other side. Thanks for sharing your sweet memories.
Post a Comment