"Cleaning house while children are still growing is like shoveling the snow while it's still snowing."
Friday, December 4, 2009
Colton's big break!
Wednesday night, Colton was doing what Colton does best and was picking on his brothers. I was at work, and Carl was having a meeting upstairs, so Logan was doing his best to keep Colton under control. But a boy can only take so much pestering, and Logan either jumped, rolled, kicked (he's not really sure-or just not telling) onto Colton's elbow. I heard lots of crying, and at my break, came to see a make-shift sling of pajama pants made into a sling around Colton's arm. In his sad little voice, "Logan broke my arm." I was sure it was just hurt and we sent him off to bed with a dose of Tylenol. In the morning, he still wouldn't move it, let me touch it, or anything. So I called the doctor who suggested we come in. So one doctor visit, 2 hospital visits, and 2 set of x-rays, and 4 1/2 hours later, we ended up with a little cast. There was blood around the elbow joint, but no real visual of a break. They say that blood indicates that there is a break though. Oh well, better safe than sorry. So now we tell him he has broken his funny bone. He tells people "We went to the 'hopsital' and I have armour."

4 weeks and it should be good. Now comes the hard part of keeping it dry and clean. I guess Santa's bringing me medical bill for Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
As soon as I saw the title I knew it was a broken bone.
Where do kids come up with lines like that!?!
I know someone else who recently went through this. Crazy kids. It goes by quicker than you may think. Its also nice that its not swimming weather. Maeli still gets excited though when she can take a bath and get her arm wet.
Ohhh darn it! I hope he heals quick and easy and that bill isn't too scary either!
It was only a matter of time right? And more to come?? I'm waiting for our first bone break, I'll probably freak. Boys will be boys. You're boys pic is sooo adorable, I want to pinch Jacksen's cheeks. So cute.
Post a Comment