Somebody fix that poor boy's pants!
"Cleaning house while children are still growing is like shoveling the snow while it's still snowing."
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
4th of July weekend
Thursday night we went up to Idaho for the weekend. Friday morning we went to Rexburg. They have a little splash park that the kids had a blast at.






Somebody fix that poor boy's pants!
Merry-go-round next to the splash park.
Friday night we did some fireworks at my parent's house. The boys love the sparklers-only because they thought they were Harry Potter and were doing spells.

The spectators. Mom holding Noah, Nicole and Chad in front, Erick and Kathy in back.

Saturday morning we went into Idaho Falls for the parade.

You can't get more American than this- a snowcone, flag, and a good parade.
Jacksen's first 4th!
Saturday night, we headed into Idaho Falls 3 hours before the fireworks were to start. You have to get a good spot, before they're all taken. We staked our claim and spent the time eating, playing games, cleaning up after a sick stomach (Ethan), and running a car several times to go to the bathroom.
I expected Jacksen to be asleep, but he didn't want to miss out on the action. I just covered his ears. He was soo entertained by the fireworks. He didn't take his eyes off them, that is until he finally drifted asleep.
Idaho Falls has the BEST fireworks. They claim to be the best program west of the Mississippi. They are paid for by a local company. Almost 16,000 fireworks went off, set to a musical program on the local radio station. Always a great show. We had a great weekend of bbq's, homeade ice cream and rootbeer, good times and good company. I am proud to be an American, I am grateful for the freedoms I have. Hope you had a fun and safe 4th of July!
Somebody fix that poor boy's pants!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I haven't been to the Idaho Falls fireworks for years and I miss them. Maybe next year! Looks like you had a fun time!
We went to the I.F. fireworks this year and they were amazing. Such perfect weather and a great show! I forgot to get pics, so I'll steal one of yours for my blog!!!
I miss the Splash Park in Rexburg!! Cute pics!
Between my three sons someone's butt is always hanging out at the pool, but Issac the middle one is usually sporting the most crack. But I think it's cute.
That's the saddest part about not living in Idaho -- missing out on the fireworks! Even Brent, my California-boy husband, admits they are the best. Most of the cities around here canceled them this year too -- whimpy. :)
Oh, that's me, Kirsten. :)
Those are some good water pictures and I can't believe how great that firework one is! I miss the fireworks in IF. They really are the best!
Post a Comment