Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Zoo day

On Monday, Carl took off work, so we went to Hogle Zoo. I had been wanting to take the kids for a while, and it was overcast and not as hot. I think I only got a few pictures because my battery died. ARRGGH! But we loved to see the animals, our favorites are the giraffes, the white alligator, elephants, and the tiger. We saw a bird show where some of the birds swooped over our heads. They were so close that one even brushed Carl's head. I was worried how Colton was going to react, because he once threw a huge fit when a butterfly crossed his path- what was he going to do when a huge hawk flies right over his head? But he loved it!


This alligator is one of the only 10 in the world. They were all born from the same nest. They're not albino because they have blue eyes instead of red, but it's some kind of genetic thing. They say if you look into his blue eyes, it will give you good luck and fortune. I spent a goood looong time looking!
The Hogle Zoo is a great zoo. I remember going there as a kid. Even now, I still love to go to the zoo! We had a great time!

2 comments:

Keri_B said...

We love Hogle Zoo!! It's a place we always try and go to when we visit Salt Lake. Your kids are getting so big...mine are too. Does that mean we are getting old?

Char said...

It looks like you had a fun time at the zoo. We love the zoo. Next time you go, let me know. I'd love to meet you there.