Tuesday, June 10, 2008

When you can't stand the heat..

One of the hot afternoons, we took the boys over to a friend's pool to cool off. Logan loved to jump off the diving board and do belly flops. Even though his tummy was all red, he thought it was the funnest thing. Ouch!


Now here's a story of bad mothering. Teresa and I didn't have our swim suits on, just the boys were swimming. Twice-TWICE- Ethan had a near drowning experience. The first time, he was clinging onto Logan, dragging him down. Luckily, they were by the side and we just grabbed their hands. The second time, Ethan was in the middle of the pool. And did his caring, concerned mother jump in to save him. No- I leave that up to the grandma who never sets foot in water at the ocean, pool, what have you. Not that I wasn't going to, but she just beat me to the punch. I guess it's time for swimming lessons.

OUCH! But they all had fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was HILARIOUS! Love the belly flopping. Aren't video clips so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Lifejackets come in handy for litte ones . . . : )

Aprilyn said...

Logan cracks me up! He is such a funny boy. The water looks so blue and inviting. I really want the weather to warm up here so we can go swimming!!!