Thursday, March 6, 2008

Maryland bound...finally!

Sunday night we finally got on a flight to Maryland. I took the boys by myself. I have never flown by myself, and to have the boys with me, I was a little nervous. But all went well, they were good on the plane (it helps that they can watch TV the whole time if they want), and had lots of fun at Mom-mom and Pop-pop's house. Tuesday we went to the Smithsonian Natural History museum. The boys loved the dinosaurs, but Colton didn't like the live butterfly exhibit (he screeched when a "fly-fly" came right by his face). We saw the Hope Diamond, a mummy, and huge grasshoppers. Although we came home a day earlier than planned, we had a great time being with family and hope to be out again soon.










Colton loved to ride the Metro into D.C. (Erick & Kass, we were by Falls Church :})

Carl's fav- the Redskin's stadium

I love how Carl's mom decorates her house.

3 comments:

Keri_B said...

Those grasshoppers are huge!!! Looks like you had a good time, you are brave!!

Kathy said...

Hooray! I'm glad you made it there and back and had some great adventures!! I'm trying to supress my jealousy!

BTW, Thanks for the good luck 'card'!! :oD The show was fun. It was fun to see mom and mike and granma too. I hope you can make it up! There is a cheaper matinee on Apr. 12th ($8/$10) if you guys wanted to stay over, we'd take you!!!

Brianna Avery said...

Oh that's so great that you guys got to go out there. Tatum and Karsen haven't been back in about 3 years. I feel bad but hopefully we'll be able to make it there for lauren's graduation! Glad you guys had fun!